Watch the video below to see how a GIRL TALK School Chapter
can have a profound impact in your school community!
Thank you for your interest in starting a GIRL TALK School Chapter
Click HERE for an information page you can share with your school!
The purpose of our free GIRL TALK School Chapter program is to help schools empower their female students to become leaders of positive change. We focus on themes such as body image, self-esteem, goal-setting, mental health, leadership, community involvement, and global citizenship. By providing practical resources, we encourage School Chapters to execute events, initiatives, and campaigns that fit the needs of their school community, and that improve the mental and physical health of all females in their sphere of influence. We offer a free School Chapter Starter Kit, free monthly newsletters, and discounted prices on GIRL TALK speakers and GIRL TALK Day tickets. Outstanding School Chapters and individuals are acknowledged and rewarded for their hard work on stage at GIRL TALK Empowerment Day!
You have the freedom to run your GIRL TALK School Chapter as you wish. However, the following requirements must be met to maintain your School Chapter status:
- Have at least one school staff or administration member commit to being the lead contact responsible for all communication with GIRL TALK Empowerment.
- Host at least one girl-focused empowerment event, initiative or campaign between October 2017 and April 2018. The event must meet certain criteria (see below) in order to qualify for the School Chapter Awards.
- Submit a detailed report of School Chapter activities at two key dates: January 2018 and April 2018 along with photos and video clips. A template of the report will be emailed to schools at least two weeks prior to the due date.
Event/initiative/campaign must meet at least three of the following criteria to qualify for School Chapter Awards:
- Involves planning from at least five or more School Chapter members
- Fundraises money for a girl-focused charity
- Invites participation from the entire school population
- Raises awareness for a girl-focused cause
- Includes an interactive social media component
- Focuses on one or more of GIRL TALK’s key themes: body image, self-esteem, goal-setting, mental health, leadership, community involvement, and global citizenship.
TO GET THE PROCESS STARTED, COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM! We will email you within 3 business days with next steps. The deadline to register for this year’s program is January 19th, 2018. (Please note: Yahoo email addresses do not work in this form. We apologize for the inconvenience.)